Yet another interesting human...Me ♥

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Random thoughts

Today was an okay day however I feel pretty sick :(

I hate being sick it just makes you feel grumpy and pissed off. Even though today sucked a lot there was just something special about it. I try to appreciate everything that I can rather than take things for granted. For example, I keep staring at the mountains and streams on the way to and from school. I keep trying to cherish their beauty because I know when I move away to Baltimore for the summer I am going to miss Pennsylvania so much. My older sister said to me last weekend that I better appreciate the mountains because she never gets to see any down there. Late last night was a beautiful clear night and I looked up at the stars they were gorgeous.

One of my friends lives out by the mountains and it is so beautiful. I love where his house is and I would love to live somewhere like that someday. Just to be secluded and surrounded by nature and the fruit of the earth. I think that his house is more valuable than any other real expensive house just because of the beauty that surrounds it.

I sometimes get frustrated when I think about how much we, as humans, take things for granted. Everyday we get into quarrels with others or say things we shouldn't or just act out of line. Why not simply appreciate all of the luxuries we indulge in and all the people who help our day get by? Why can't we simply appreciate everything? Why can we not express that magnitude of appreciation?

So I am leaving in May for an internship in Baltimore, MD. I'm sort of nervous but I know it will all be okay. It's just starting to make me realize that soon enough here (one more year) I'll be done with school and ready to move out and people are right when they say they miss the college years because this is a time when you don't really have as much responsibility as you do when your out on your own. The company that I'm working at prepares a variety of culture media in which to grow bacteria and other sorts of microorganisms on. I'll be working in a real lab preparing this culture media and testing it to make sure that it's quality before it gets sent to hospitals, research, water and food preparation labs. The company sells both nation-wide and internationally. I am excited to learn and finally get some experience but intimidated because this job is not school it's real. I don't have the comfort of a classroom or students my age. I'm surrounded by people who have been working in this business for 10+ years. It's just intimidating.

But however nervous I might be, I know I will be okay. When May rolls around I'll be packed up and moved down to the city in hopes of growing up a bit more and learning some new things. Also can't forget to include the having a blast while I'm there! Anyone that wants to come see me...let me know ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home