Yet another interesting human...Me ♥

Friday, October 19, 2007

It's Friday! Before I get too excited, I realize that I work the weekend :( But no worries. Working the weekend is not as bad as it sounds. Tonight my sister, Alex and I are going to a haunted house and I love them! Then, tomorrow night my friend Justin is coming to visit. That should be fun too. It looks more and more like Fall outside which is my favorite season however its definitely not as beatuful as fall in Pennsylvania. I'm really glad that I am living and working down here in Maryland.

I cannot wait until I have my microbiologist job. I know that I will feel so much more awesome about what I do. Not that I don't like my job now, its a great job, just not what I want to be doing. I was watching the news the other day and all they talked about for the whole two hours I watched it was MRSA. That's Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Staphylococcus aureus is already present on your body everyday however the MRSA strain of bacteria is resistant to the common antibiotics - Penicillin and methicillin. It's pretty scary since it spreads through skin contact and sharing drinks. It's becoming more prominent in schools, dormitories, and places where communties of people are in presence with one another. Although I hate the fact that bacteria mutate and develop resistances to antibiotics and that we don't yet have a cure for viruses, at least I know that my job will always be needed. That's what always amazed me about microbiology, the thought that these animals unseen by the naked eye can affect our bodies in not only detrimental ways, but beneficial ways too. I'm such a geek but I love it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home